Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wailing is not Lazy

Late last night while on GTalk:

D: I like how you’re so diligent about writing a blog about how lazy you are

Me: I know. It’s such an oxymoron.

D: which could be the key to its success

I hope not. I’m not exactly sure where to go with this blog, but I don’t want to continually document my laziness. I don’t want to be responsible for influencing others to be lazy. But I do want to encourage bloggers and readers to play Guitar Hero.

That’s right. Guitar Hero.

This is what I imagine ninjas do when they play Guitar Hero.

After a long day of training and what not, I like to rock out in the privacy of my own home. I’ve recently discovered Guitar Hero (I know, I’m only a hundred years late), and I cannot believe how much fun it is! 
Into the wee hours of evening, I’ll slip into my sexified colorful spandex leggings, let down my hair and wrap a bandanna around my head (imagine Bret Michaels), and practice my totally kick ass Wailing-on-my-Guitar-with-a-Painful-Expression-While-Exuding-Coolness “look” in the mirror. And by “wailing” I mean furiously pressing the fun colorful buttons on the guitar neck.

Once I’m in proper attire, I’ll warm up to a little kicking. I’ll hold my guitar and kick a leg out like some 80s rocker. And if I want to put my back into it, I’ll get down with my back on the floor and slide across the room while wailing on my guitar. (Okay, not really, because I would get a bad rug burn, but I would…if I could.)

After 5 minutes of my warm up, I’ll start the game. I wonder if I’m the only one with this ritual or if there's a secret society of Guitar Hero heroists who trade tips and tricks on how to wail really rockin’ hard? If you're out there, please send me a secret message.

So no, this blog will not cover my ability to be lazy.

Happy wailing you Guitar Hero heroists! :)

1 comment:

  1. My hubby and son get into that game, it's so funny to watch.

    ReplyDelete