Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Chapter

Being a seasoned blogger, it seems appropriate to abandon a blog that hadn’t been updated for over a year and to start a newer blog to document my musings. It’s a new chapter, a new lifestyle, and a new blog. It’s almost akin to purchasing a pair of new Jimmy Choo shoes.

First off, I’d like to say that I’m unemployed. I’ve been unemployed since last November. November 20, 2009 to be exact. During these past nine months and fourteen days I’ve felt lost. At first, being laid off made me feel a bit of a loser. Why me? Why was I laid off? Didn’t my nine years with the company mean anything? It felt like a bad breakup and my husband (the company) wanted a divorce for a cheaper version of me. Sure I received a severance package drawn up by lawyers, however, that didn’t make me feel any better.

Of course, the proverbial, “It’s for the best!” or “It’s a fortunate positive!” was mentioned by many. Well, of course I should agree, but I couldn’t see it at the time. Or even now…

Sure, I had thought and thought and thought a lot about my next step. What I should do next. Surely this is the time to pursue a career that I would find pleasure in instead of drudging away day after day inside some measly, depressing, gray cubicle.

So it’s been nine months and fourteen days and none the brighter. I would be completely dishonest if I said that I have been looking for a job. So what have I been doing? I traveled to L.A. quite a bit. I was able to travel to O’ahu and Miami for the first time. Sometime in the mix, I met my current boyfriend, JP.

It hasn’t exactly been all fun and frills, though. JP and I have had our ups and downs, it goes with being in a relationship. I’ve only begun to become more motivated than I had been the past few months. Currently, I’ve been training to become a ballroom instructor; despite the training it isn’t a guaranteed position. As a side job and to boost motivation, I am helping a friend market his dance company. I haven’t exactly done a lot for him, except design some tickets for an upcoming event in November. I guess it’s kind of a start…

Why is it so hard to become motivated? But hey, at least I’m blogging again…

No comments:

Post a Comment