Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat

 Side by side on the table sat;
T’was half past twelve and what do you think!?
Nor one nor t’other had slept a wink!
The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
Appeared to know as sure as fate
There was going to be a terrible spat… 



And that’s all I remember from 3rd grade when our teacher had us remember “The Duel” and recite it in front of our classroom. It’s funny how we can remember part of poems or Madonna's songs from grade school, yet I can’t remember a mock script to save my life. Or at least, confidently recite it in front of people.

Lets just say, training isn’t all fun and games anymore and my processor in my noggin’ is about to overheat; the capacity of my brain is equivalent to that of a 256MB hard drive. That’s right, OLD SKOOL. Old Skool? My head is glitching already, since I seemed to have forgotten how to spell… SKOOL, or perhaps that’s the way cool people prefer to spell it nowadays.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to exchange our brains for a newer version? Transfer our memories into a new and improved brain with faster processing power (what? A 12-core? Not excessive at all!), 4 terabyte hard drive, with a ridiculous amount of RAM? My brain would be the talk of town. Instead of penis envy or breast envy, it would be brain envy. "My! Your brain is so huge! Such a turn on!" (Note to self: STAY AWAY FROM ZOMBIES!)

How about I exchange my tired old body as well. I’ll take the Supermodel 3000XI! Fully loaded to split, turn, leap, move faster than this old body, and kick ass; plus look like a Gucci model while kicking ass!

On a serious note, I do feel that my brain isn’t as youthful anymore. And it's true what they say: "If you don't use it, you lose it." I'm talking about your brain, of course.

A New Venture


Last week, my mom approached me with a business venture. She needs help in researching snack products from country ABC and have them exported to another country XYZ. I am not going to disclose which countries yet, but it sounds interesting. Apparently, products from ABC are becoming popular in XYZ, so it would be a great opportunity to pursue if this is the case.

The situation is that we would become the middleman (...err middlewoman) researchers and exporters. Kind of like a buyer for, oh, say Nordstrom. Only, it’s not fashion, it’s food. So far, I’ve only done some online research, but I feel as if I need to go out and physically look and taste these products from country ABC. Even though, that’s not what is requested from me. But isn’t it good business to try out the products first? Make sure they’ll sell?

Summing it all up:

So lets see… dance instructor training, dance company marketer, and exporter.

I make it seem as if I am being motivated and productive, but really… at the end of the day, I’m still not doing as much as I should be. All talk and no trousers. (Trousers?) For instance, I should be studying this mock script for my dance instructor training (which I’m supposed to have all of it memorized by yesterday?! Eek!), I could be finalizing a newsletter for my friend and his dance company, and I could be out looking for these products from country ABC to try?

Baby steps… baby steps... I have other ideas on the horizon as well, which I’ll discuss in my next post…

For now, ciao...

2 comments: