Monday, October 11, 2010

Motivation Mondays

First off, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I surely did. My relatives were in town and I baked some yummy salmon, B.B.Q. ribs, and corn on a cob. As for this morning, I cooked eggs, bacon, and pancakes from scratch!

I find my motivation levels soar on Monday mornings and wanes off by Thursday morning. Isn’t it typical of people at work to have similar dissipation in motivation by near end of the work week? The only difference between normal employed people and me is I’m unemployed. So really, I shouldn't have to struggle with motivation, but I do.

I’ve decided to measure my motivation levels during these past weeks and “lean” (create efficiency and make improvements - for those of you who haven’t used this program in a corporate environment) my motivation. Here are my results:


Notice that I’m most motivated Mondays and Wednesdays. Plus, the pie chart is pretty.


So lets take a look at my weekly schedule.

There's a lot of dilly dallying. 
I could definitely become more productive on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could always stop picking my nose on Thursdays. I wish I could hire a cheerleader who will continually cheer me on throughout the day and get me excited to do things. Anything!

The problem really derives from when I sleep in. Sleeping in makes me a lazy piece of shit. So my goal this week is to wake up at a consistent time in the mornings. Now, if I could only have a cheerleader as my alarm… 

2 comments:

  1. Or you could hire a cheerleader to pick your nose?

    Just a thought...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her pom-poms might get in the way! :-o

    ReplyDelete